Start a new career with Berklee College of Music while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2023 is open to all qualified candidates.
Berklee is the preeminent institute of contemporary music and the performing arts, offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs at its campuses in Boston, Massachusetts and Valencia, Spain, and through its award-winning distance learning program, Berklee Online. Dedicated to nurturing the creative and career potential of the world’s most inspired artists, Berklee’s commitment to arts education is reflected in the work of its students, faculty, and alumni—hundreds of whom have been recognized with Grammy, Tony, Oscar, and Emmy Awards.
Job Title:Business Administrator
Salary: $52,000 – $66,000 a year
Location: Work From Home
The Business Administrator ensures operations, expenses and logistics for the entire Performance Division, including but not limited to the Berklee Global Jazz Institute, Latin Music Studies, and Planet MicroJam institutes. The Business Administrator ensures budget adherence, manages reconciliation, travel requests, reimbursements, guest artist contracts, and helps connect programs to additional funding resources within the college. Supports PPD Deans, faculty, staff, and students across day-to-day financial, academic, logistic, and administrative needs.
Financial & Budget Management
- Assist with budget tracking and analysis for ten departments within the PPD, as well as for PPD institutes and programs.
- Advise the PPD Director on major expenditures.
- Reconcile, maintain and resolve discrepancies in the PPD ledger to reflect up-to-date account balances across the prior mentioned departments, facilities, and programs.
- Track expenses for PPD programs funded by Academic Affairs, including but not limited to Microjam and the Herb Alpert Funds.
- Assist Director with budget planning, analysis, maintenance and reporting.
- Generates check, budget transfer, and additional compensation requests for the Accounting and Payroll Offices.
- Supervise PPD purchase card reconciliations and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure efficient and effective space allocation for faculty, staff, and PPD team.
- Coordinate candidate materials for hiring searches in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Maintain broad knowledge of PPD operations, providing guidance to faculty and staff with budget and purchasing procedures.
- Create and update training documentation as needed.
- Manage and develop efficient workflows and tools to streamline PPD processes and logistics, periodically updating them.
- Manage guest artist application and contract process for the division including managing e-forms, approval workflows, submitting and monitoring payment requests, and maintaining timely communications with chairs, program directors, and guest artists.
- Handle confidential information such as payment and tax information.
- Manage domestic/international travel applications, logistics, accommodations, and required confidential documentation for the Deans of the PPD, students, faculty, staff, and guest artists.
- Maintains guest artist/event calendar for use in communications, including internal communications systems and via social media.
- Assist PPD Deans, Chairs and Directors with research for planning events and new initiatives as well as data collection and information storage for projects.
- Assist the development of new PPD programs financially and operationally. Serve faculty, staff, and administrators in each program/project with measures to ensure success.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and supervise up to ten work study employees.
- Occasional nights and weekends are required.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.