Apply for the ongoing Better Markets Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Better Markets job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Better Markets is a high-profile, non-partisan, non-profit organization founded in 2010 that seeks a Director of Government Relations to promote Better Markets and its work on Capitol Hill and with other organizations. Its mission is to fight for social justice in the economic and financial policymaking throughout Washington, with a focus on the financial system, financial reform, and financial stability.
Job Title: Director of Government Relations
Location: Washington, D.C
Sector: Non Profit
Experience: Mid Career
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated knowledge of Capitol Hill and enjoy working with Congressional members and staff on high-profile, cutting edge and consequential issues that impact all Americans, their quality of life, and the American Dream’s availability. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, proactive, creative, articulate and highly motivated professional who can work independently as well as with other staff members. This position reports to the President and CEO.
Better Markets promotes the public interest in the financial and economic systems in the U.S. and globally. With the goal of promoting the economic security, opportunity, and prosperity of the American people, we advocate for transparency, accountability, and oversight in the financial markets through a variety of activities. Following a comprehensive, substantive approach (guided by our Arc of AdvocacyTM), we engage throughout the entire rulemaking process, from filing comment letters on proposed rules to participating in litigation involving challenges to final rules. We also prepare in-depth research reports, engage in public education and activation, and pursue advocacy through all media channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Congressional members and staff on all topics and issues related in any way to Better Markets, its work, and mission;
- Cultivate, build and maintain relationships with all Congressional members and staff who have jurisdiction over or are interested in Better Markets’ work and mission;
- Strategically promote Better Markets and its work while tracking, researching and analyzing legislative proposals to determine their impact on the financial system, the economy, and Americans’ lives, and provide timely and actionable updates and recommendations;
- Follow all developments in Congress, including attending key committee hearings in the U.S. House and U.S. Senate, working with Congressional staff in committees/personal offices to ensure the organization’s perspective is considered and its work is timely, relevant, and impactful, and helping position the organization to be ahead of the curve with ongoing activities in Congress on financial and economic matters;
- Entrepreneurially seek ways to ensure that Better Markets and the organization’s perspective and work on financial and economic issues are front-of-mind for key Congressional stakeholders and allied organizations in the financial reform space;
- Assist in developing high-quality analysis, briefing materials, fact sheets, op/eds, testimony, and other materials to support our policy priorities, and disseminating those materials to Congressional offices and other stakeholders to shape the debate and ensure the organization’s perspective is known; and
- Prepare regular reports and updates on Congressional activity in our areas of interest, with recommendations for capitalizing on opportunities as they arise.
- BA degree, with 4 or more years of experience in a Congressional office, or related area;
- Excellent research, writing, and oral communication skills;
- Working knowledge of key issues before the Senate Banking Committee and House Financial Services Committee;
- A commitment to working for the public interest, a strong work ethic, initiative, and alertness to opportunities to proactively advance our agenda; and
- An ability to work cooperatively with others in a small team environment while also being able to work independently.
Please send a cover letter and resume.
To apply please send an email to: email@example.com
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you