Save the Children Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open interested candidates. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease. Join Save the Children Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Awards Management Coordinator – PLANE
Ref No: 220004UC
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team / Programme: Award
Also Apply for: MTN Nigeria Recruitment (11 Positions)
- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- The purpose of this post is to support the Award Management Director and Award Managers and Field Manager in coordination of implementation of the FCDO Plane Window 3 project in Kano. The position plays a lead role in award information management, shares, and coordinates information across departments.
- Under the direction of the Field Manager, the Awards Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that the SCI programme adheres to all its award management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors. This will include financial and narrative reporting relating to donor awards and data quality in the Award Management System. This position is specifically responsible for assigned awards, and will ensure compliance with financial and administrative requirements, donor specific requirements and to make recommendations for improvements.
- This role will work closely with Partners, Program Implementation/ Operations, PDQ and Finance on proposals, financial and narrative reporting, monitoring and analysis, and compliance processes. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Also Apply for: Workforce Group Job Recruitment (13 Positions)
Scope of Role
- Reports to: (Program Manager)
- Staff reporting to this post: (None)
- Role Dimensions: (e.g., complexity, relationships, communication with stakeholders).
Key Areas of Accountability
Developing self and others; Working effectively with others:
- Build relationships with other teams to support the resolution of issues and coordination of deliverables i.e., reports.
- Support the delivery of capacity building to other teams in the Field office and to Partner organisations.
- Build relationships with the Country Office and support in the escalation of issues if required.
Communicating with impact, negotiation, and coordination:
- Engage with and coordinate across multiple stakeholder groups to support the development of high-quality proposals.
- Support the development of high-quality proposals through planning and coordination with PDQ, Finance and other teams.
- Coordinate and review donor reports including adequate planning to ensure deadlines are met.
- Communicate and coordinate with Award Manager to understand and record any changes related to donor compliance requirements and reporting dates
- Facilitate award kick off meetings, including a focus on donor requirements and ensure these occur at the start of each award.
Compliance (Systems, processes, donor):
- Understanding of SCI processes and other key donor requirements and communication and adherence to these.
- Understanding of the Award Management System (AMS) and reporting functions, and ensure AMS is up to date to drive data quality.
- Accountable for driving AMS data completeness and quality for relevant awards
- Support kick off meetings led by the Award Manager and the communication of compliance requirements across the CO.
Also Apply for: Flex Finance Recruitment (3 Positions)
Monitoring and Analysis:
- Critical review of proposal budgets to identify budget lines for review or omitted costs.
- Work with Operations team and budget holders to develop budgets.
- Financial analysis skills to perform award monitoring processes, highlight financial issues to Overseers and Budget Holders and perform further analysis to resolve issues identified.
- Understanding of DRC budget codes and ability to work with Program team to determine appropriate structure.
- Knowledge of donor budgeting formats to support budget holder understanding.
Portfolio management and strategy:
- Support AM Manager to perform portfolio level monitoring and analysis and follow up issues identified and resolve these.
- Produce management reports and escalate identified portfolio issues in a timely manner.
- Support Award Manager on the regular award review processes on designated awards.
- Professional qualification in Business, International Development, Finance / Accounting or similar.
- University Degree in International Development, Business Administration or Finance.
Experience and Skills:
- Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience managing grants, contracts & sub agreements with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g., USAID, ECHO, FCDO, CIDA, SIDA etc.)
- Relevant experience managing donor funded projects with International NGO’s particularly those addressing human/children’s rights and those applying partnership approaches.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities. Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Ability to proactively identify issues and problem-solving skills to address these
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
Also Apply for: Egbin Power Plc Recruitment (8 Positions)
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk with.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2022.
Also Apply for: White Soul Group Recruitment (4 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online