Save the Children Nigeria recruitment portal 2023 is now open for the position of Awards Management Coordinator. Interested candidates should read details below and submit their application using email address at the end of this page.
>>Click Here To See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Monday 20, March 2023
About Save the Children Nigeria:
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease. Join Save the Children Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
>>Click here to see LATEST SSCE / GCE / OND / NCE JOB OPENINGS
Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Awards Management Coordinator
Job ID: 220006A6
Employment Status: Fixed Term
Contract Length: 2 years (Renewable)
Post Type: National, Fixed Term
Staff Reporting to this post: (None)
Also Apply For Rainoil Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking / vetting process staff.
- The purpose of this post is to support SCI partnership and Award Management in the planning, securing and managing of both development and humanitarian awards. The position plays a support role in managing partners, award information, shares and coordinates information across departments.
- Under the direction of the Award Manager (partnership management), the Awards Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that the SCI partnership management and programme adheres to all its award management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors. This will include financial and narrative reporting relating to donor awards and data quality in the Award Management System.
- This position is specifically responsible for assigned awards, and will ensure compliance with financial and administrative requirements, donor specific requirements and to make recommendations for improvements.
- This role will work closely with Partners, Program Implementation/ Operations, PDQ and Finance on proposals, financial and narrative reporting, monitoring and analysis, and compliance processes. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: Awards Manager (Partnership Management): The Awards Coordinator (Partnership Management) is a senior-level position that works across departments (Programme Operations, Award Management, Program Development and Quality) to support the Country Office in establishing and continuously improving systems to support our partnership strategy.
- The Awards Coordinator (Partnership Management) also engages externally, particularly in coordinating our partnership work with Civil Society groups, representing the organization in partnership discussions and in helping to identify and pursue new partnership opportunities.
- S/he engages in Save the Children’s global and regional partnership discussions/initiatives, contributing learning and leveraging best practices from other contexts.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Provide support in the implementation of Save the children partnership strategy
- Participate in the partnership working group that supports the development and operationalization of SCI partnership strategy
- Stay abreast with current trends in partnership management, share learning with Line Manager and other Colleagues
- Provide support in developing systematic approaches to selecting partners and in identifying and pursuing a strategic partnership.
Partnership Systems and Policies:
- Provide support across departments to develop systems and policies that are supportive of the Partnership Strategy, and ensure periodic review and updating of policies once they are in place.
- Work with line Manager and other support functions to ensure effective and collaborative partnership assessments and vetting on a routine basis so that the organisation is not exposed to undue risk
- Provide support in the establishment and maintenance of SCI partnership database that maps out partner capacity, influence, and strategic alignment
- Provide support to Line Manager to collaborate with the humanitarian lead to set up systems for working with partners (implementing and strategic) in a humanitarian preparedness and response, as per the Core Humanitarian Standards
Also Apply For Oando Plc Recruitment (4 Positions)
- Support line manager to Identify and explore new partnerships, including the updating of the partnership mapping and establishing relationships for collaborating on programming and capacity building
- Undertake the initial risk and capacity assessment of the partners
Partner Program Management:
- Coordinate with other departments in the management and monitoring systems in regards to partner programming
- Ensure that the sub-grant agreements, TOR and terms of Partnerships, as well as institutional policies and procedures are complied with by the partner organizations, including policies on safeguarding and recommend amendments and flexibility where necessary
- Work with the grants management and legal teams, to ensure that partnership tools and financial standards meet donor requirements
- Provide support to the partner organization in the project cycle management of the SCI funded program, including ensuring work plans, phased budgets, procurement plans and benchmarks are in place for each project and assist partner teams to put these in place
- Convene grant opening meetings with partners when new grants are awarded, involving SCI program staff, Area Representatives and Field Manager
- Assist partner management to monitor outputs against activity plans and budgets and timeframes. Assist partner to strategize ways to ensure program delivery meets targets and to support partner organizational development
- Keep track of relevant technical, operational, finance, HR or grants issues and where necessary facilitate support from relevant SCI technical or operations teams to ensure continuous support and involvement at all stage of the program cycle
- Facilitate the provision of technical advice by the SCI technical departments and ensure that SCI technical staff checks the quality of the work on site
- Work with finance teams, to ensure the timely payment of partner instalments, review of partner reports and the close out of partner sub-grants
- Organize partner review meetings on a monthly basis with representation from partner and relevant SCI operations and program staff to discuss progress, roles, responsibilities, expectations, communication between the organizations, any conflict of policies, any areas of concern and future planning.
Partnership Management and Capacity Development:
- Coordinate key processes and actions between and among partners and Save the Children staff;
- Coordinate the strengthening of local and national partner capacity to deliver quality results for children, working across relevant departments to set up systems for coaching and capacity building;
- In collaboration with partners, plan and facilitate regular partnership meetings between partners and Save the Children staff, ensuring that discussions are as constructive, relevant, and mutually beneficial as possible; Follow up to ensure that mutually-agreed-upon actions are met;
Also Apply For MTN Nigeria Employment (11 Positions)
- Professional qualification in Business, International Development, Finance / Accounting or similar
Experience and Skills:
- University Degree in International Development, Business Administration or Finance
- Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Experience managing grants, contracts & sub agreements with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g. USAID, ECHO, FCDO, CIDA, SIDA etc.)
- Relevant experience managing donor funded projects with International NGO’s particularly those addressing human/children’s rights and those applying partnership approaches
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities. Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Ability to proactively identify issues and problem solving skills to address these
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
Behaviors (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
Also Apply For Palladium Group Recruitment (4 Positions)
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
- We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2023.
Also Apply For Peniel Apartments Limited Recruitment (8 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you