Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria being among the first financial institution in Nigeria, re-entered the country in 1999 and opened to customers on 15 September 1999 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Standard Chartered Bank Plc, headquartered in United Kingdom. We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. Today, the Bank offers a wide range of products and services in Retail; Wealth Management; Commercial; Corporate and Institutional; Private, Digital and Transaction Banking business. Standard Chartered employs over 900 staff and sees Nigeria as a growth centre. Join standard chartered bank Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager, Credit Initiation Approver
Job ID: 2200026211
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employee Status: Permanent
Also Apply for: Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment (10 Positions)
- Appraise and contribute to the development of the Bank’s strategic plans.
- E2E ownership of the client onboarding journey to drive credit quality, client experience and operational efficiency.
- Effectively deliver the strategic initiatives on digital onboarding and embedding new technologies for auto credit decision and faster TAT. Embed principles of Right Shoring.
- Build a Centre of Excellence to support the shifting of risk management to the frontline.
- Support to strengthen the Organisation’s risk culture and accountability and help reinforce the defence line up.
- Represent the underwriting function in relevant country committees and management forums.
- Support to enhance Priority, Affluent and Private business as best in class CVP and Support to deliver Signature Client Journeys
- Support Personal Banking agenda with Digital led model.
- Embed innovation, digitisation and New ways of working by defining and actioning future state operating model.
Also Apply for: MTN Nigeria Employment (4 Positions)
- Provide Group information, best practice and expertise and apply the same business strategy and operate the risk management system;
- Communicate to the Business the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Function;
- Maintain and develop underwriting and operations capabilities and skills to meet ongoing business needs and plans – awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Lead the efforts to develop, deploy and optimize country credit initiation strategy and processes.
- Adhere to Global Cap Plan and MIS + Policy governance framework
- Good understanding of Credit Policy and Fraud Process Standards. Understanding of implementation of Credit Decision Engines, Scorecards and tools for credit underwriting
- Run day-to-day underwriting and operations. This requires keeping track of performance metrics, taking corrective actions, analysing bottlenecks and implementing solutions that bring process performance to the next level. Examples of critical success metrics would be improving TAT, reducing the % of portfolio in late repayment, etc.
- Identify and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to support the Approval quality and daily operations. Awareness of TTD Quality, score band shifts and linking evolving trends to credit operations approach and training.
- Cross functional experience in Risk – Collections / Fraud / Credit Policy preferred
- Cross product underwriting experience – Business Banking,Mortgage, Credit Cards,Personal Loans etc.
Also Apply for: Interswitch Group Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Ensure effective management of operational risks and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations. Identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls .
- Leads the development of the design, management and adherence of key operating controls and levers that improve end to end decisioning efficiency and customer experience.eg:Workflows ,EUC
- To ensure Approval of Applications as per policies in DOI and Bulletins and supporting in achieving a superior End to End TAT.
- Work with Business Partners, Product Partners and Risk team members to optimize Strategy and Processes
- Establish initiatives and plans to improve performance.
- Improve Approval quality and productivity
- Operational Excellence Rework reduction / TAT reduction
- Early Deliqnuency Reviews and feedback to policy teams.
- Service Reviews embedded with KPIs , KRIs and KCIs .
- SLA adherence
- Ability to review and work with CCH and stakeholders to eliminate pain points in relevant processes
- Monthly meeting With Country Credit Head , Policy and process control unit to discuss deliquent cases , Risk Decision Framework and Approval Rate Reviews.
- Responsible for managing vendors supporting the onboarding activites including those that are outsorced.
- Support Country Credit Head to uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business and control function heads to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy and risk appetite.
- Support the CCH and CRO to shift the risk management to the frontline which in turn strengthening the organisation’s risk culture and accountability and reinforce the defence line up.
- Capability to analyse and accept employment, Income, scorecard, application/behaviour scores, valuation risk ratings outside of policy (within CAD guidelines)
- To comply with the bank’s requirements of AML, CDD and all policies related to the group reputation risk.
- Relevant DOI/Bulletins/CCPMs are checked before processing and/or approving a request, in case of any exception the same is pended/rejected and reported.
Also Apply for: Bronze Stone Capital Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements relevant to the role and ensure that these are well understood reflected in internal procedures.
- Support the Risk owners to ensure business heads and all risk control owners understand and accept their risk management responsibilities.
- In the event of regulatory breaches, policy breaches or where credit appetite have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate.
- Identifying and reporting all exceptions on non-compliance with standard controls
- Service level are to be checked and monitored and ensure there is no breach.
- Participate and contribute in relevant Country governance forums and committees.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country Head of CPBB
- Country Head Onboarding
- Country Credit Head
- Country Head of Policy
- GBS /Country teams depending whether role is in country or GBS.
- Outsourcing arrangements.
- Regulators and Central Banks
- External auditors.
Also Apply for: Whitefield Hotels Limited Recruitment (7 Positions)
Our Ideal Candidate
- CA or a Master’s Degree in Business Administration in either of Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics / Statistics is preferred.
- At least 15 years of banking experience, with bulk of it being in the Credit Risk Management domain. Minimum 10 years of underwriting / Risk policy experience for Big Markets
- Team Management Experience
- Experience in holding Delegated Lending Authorities and Approving High ticket Loans.
- Qualified in Certifications, CLSB (Omega Learning) , CSA (Omega/Moody’s) or equivalent
- Understanding of the full credit lifecycle including acquisition, fraud, account management, collections and recoveries
- Good understanding of the key drivers of Asset products financials and the underlying consumer behaviours that drive those financials
- Numerically savvy, able to work with data, perform analysis and communicate results.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Able to manage incidents, including liaising with IT and stakeholders to ensure smooth resolution, design and implement system changes
- Experienced in performance management. Capable of understanding process shortcomings and set up key performance indicators to measure improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to connect with customers, direct reports and Management teams.
- Familiar with regulations and must possess sound market and industry knowledge.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2022 (11:59:00 PM).