World Health Organization Recruitment 2021 portal is now open for interested candidates. This World Health Organization job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends. Join World Health Organization careers team today, and be part of our success story.
World Health Organization Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant (Programme)
Job ID: 2106334
Location: Nigeria (Multiple Duty Stations)
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 2 years
Primary Location: Nigeria
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives Of The Programme
- The country team is responsible for promoting technical cooperation, stimulating interest and coordinating assistance for health development based on global and regional strategies and WHO guidelines.
- It is also responsible for contributing to the collection, analysis and dissemination of health information.
Description Of Duties for World Health Organization Recruitment
- Under the supervision and guidance of the State Coordinator and in close collaboration with the Operations officer of the cluster or other support structures, the incumbent provides support inthe following areas; Check all obligating documents, entering relevant information available from GSM or other on-line systems, ensuring the availability of funds, updating files, and transferring funds as instructed oras delegated.
- Review obligating documents for completeness, and following-upon missing information, liquidating obligations, undertaking reconciliation andpreparing periodic reports, as required.
- Review various contractual documents, issuing PTAEOnumbers, earmarking funds, verifying and following up on payment requests.
- Prepare purchase requisition for IT equipment and other assets for the cluster, working in close collaboration with relevantcolleagues to ensure that ordered items are appropriate.
- Keep track of all contract extensions and renewals,checking and ensuring that funds are available for the proposed contract.
- Follow-up on program implementation, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other senior staff to problems, inconsistencies and delays.
- Draft correspondence on own initiative or on the basisof instructions; to finalize correspondence/reports for signature; to analyze incoming correspondence and requests, researching, obtaining and attaching background information when required, or redirecting them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other senior staff concerned.
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work as assigned.
Required Qualifications for World Health Organization Recruitment
- Essential: Work requires completion of Secondary School. Knowledge of general administrative and HR Policy theory and procedures
- Desirable: Training in UN/HR systems is an advantage. Proven skills in drafting and editing required.
Experience for World Health Organization Recruitment:
- Essential: 5 years of relevant administrative experience
- Desirable: Relevant experience in the WHO or other UNagency is an asset. Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
Skills for World Health Organization Recruitment:
- The incumbent maintains and updates proficiency in the use of modern office technology through of in-house courses, on-the-job trainingor self-training.
- He/she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices,rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, the cluster and WHO, to be able to brief others and explain procedures.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Producing results.
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Remuneration for World Health Organization Recruitment
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 7,809,325 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Application Closing Date for World Health Organization Recruitment
11:59 pm: 16th December, 2021.
How to Apply for World Health Organization Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Additional Information for World Health Organization Recruitment
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.