Apply for the ongoing All That’s Interesting job recruitment 2022. This is a Work From Home job with flexible time and payment of $27/hr. This All That’s Interesting remote job opportunity is open to all qualified candidates.
All That’s Interesting is a location for people who are looking for something new. All That’s Interesting hunts out stories that highlight our past, present, and future, from lesser-known byways of human history to unknown corners of today’s globe. Editorial independence is a cornerstone of our identity, with a commitment to justice and a desire to generate information free of outside influence. We have preserved our independence as a privately-owned digital publisher beholden to no external donors, political interests, or third-party commercial initiatives since the inception of All That’s Interesting in 2010.
Position Title: Assistant Editor
Location: Worldwide, Remote
All That’s Interesting is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as an Assistant Editor. We’re ramping up production in several verticals — including history, true crime, science, and news — with this position acting as a catalyst for growth in our output. Ideal candidates will be around two to four years into their career in digital publishing and looking for an opportunity to gain more responsibility.
As the Assistant Editor, you will:
– Edit 8 to 12 posts per week
– Craft copy and images for social media and search engine optimization
– Pitch, ideate, and produce your own articles
– Coordinate with freelancers and staff writers
– Become an integral part in developing and executing All That’s Interesting’s editorial strategy
Desired qualifications are:
– At least two years of experience in digital publishing, including editing, writing, copywriting, or social media management
– Familiarity with best practices for search, including use of SEO research tools like SEMrush
– Experience with best practices for social media, including use of analytics tools such as CrowdTangle
– Working knowledge of WordPress
– Comfortable with basic image manipulation and editing
– Interest in a breadth of topics, including history, true crime, science, and current events
This position can be done remotely full-time; however, preference will be given to candidates in the New York City metropolitan area. Compensation is $52k a year along with health insurance benefits, partial home expenses reimbursement, matching 401k after your first year, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume along with links to two of your published writing samples to email@example.com. Those with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.