U.S. Embassy recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
U.S. Mission to Nigeria consist of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region. Join U.S Embassy careers team today, and be part of our success story.
U.S. Embassy Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant – All Interested Candidates (SPEAR Logistics and Liaison Coordinator)
Announcement Number: Abuja-2022-092RA
Series/Grade: LE – 0105 8
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Also Apply for: Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 06. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Candidates
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 number of hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Incumbent is the interlocutor between RSO-SPEAR and the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) Quick Response Force (QRF) assigned at the Embassy to sustain administrative functions and all logistical support for 24/7 police-operations.
- Maintains daily contact with NPF QRF Leadership and Officers to ensure smooth RSO-SPEAR operations during routine periods and in extraordinary circumstances.
- Incumbent assists the SPEAR Mentor with all related activities.
- Incumbent will report directly to the SPEAR Assistant Regional Security Officer (ARSO) or, if directed, the SPEAR Mentor.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- University Degree in Sociology, Criminology, Political Science, Business Administration, or Intelligence & Security Studies is required.
- Note: NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required
Also Apply for: Kuda Bank Recruitment (7 Positions)
- Minimum of five (5) years prior work experience coordinating directly with the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) at field and command levels, managing personnel and project implementation, and using Department of State (DoS) systems to administrate and provide logistical support is required.
- Familiarity with computers to include a working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be Familiar with NPF, Embassy guard force, and US Embassy mission logistic functions.
- This may be tested. Applicant MUST address ALL language proficiency requirement to be considered.
- Fluency written/spoken/reading of English is required. Good working knowledge of written and spoken Hausa is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with persons at all levels of government and the private sector.
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Must have a valid Nigeria driver’s license.
- Must be able to physically remain in place and on-duty at the place of assigned duty even when Chief of Mission personnel are directed on Ordered Departure from Nigeria.
Also Apply for: PepsiCo Nigeria Recruitment (6 Positions)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Also Apply for: Spectrum Books Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Also Apply for: Marriott International Recruitment (15 Positions)
NGN 9,688,215 (USD 43,507) / Annum
Application Closing Date
17th October, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption document
- Driver’s License
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Also Apply for: Nokia Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.