Dangote Group employment & recruitment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy in Nigeria is open to all qualified candidates.
Dangote Industries Limited is one of the Nigerians most diversified and fully integrated business multinationals with an annual group income in excess of US$4 billion (2016) with vibrant operations in Nigeria and Africa, dealing with various products including cement, sugar, salt, condiments, packaging, energy, port operations, fertilizer, and petrochemicals. Our core business focus is to provide local, value-added products and services that meet the ‘day-to-day needs’ of the populace through the construction and operation of large scale manufacturing facilities in Nigeria and across Africa. We are focused on boosting local production capacity to generate employment, reduce capital flight and increase local value addition. Join Dangote Group careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Dangote Group recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Payable Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Finance / Account
- We are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Officer to coordinate the timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and payments when due.
- Ensure the validity of all supplier invoices before authorization for payment and appropriate reconciliation of supplier accounts.
Also Apply for: Sujimoto Construction Limited Recruitment (7 Positions)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Accounts Payable function in Dangote Cement Plc’s (DCP) corporate Head Office.
- Analyze and maintain Accounts Payable performance metrics, service relationships and communications across departments in DCP.
- Provide appropriate responses to suppliers’ queries/ issues and escalate unresolved issues to the Head, Head Office Accounting, as required.
- Perform reconciliation of suppliers’ sub-ledger accounts to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Recommend updates to existing invoice processing policies and procedures.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all invoices received from suppliers/ vendors.
- Review staff advance requests and ensure requisitions are duly authorized by relevant department/ unit heads.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of invoices and staff advance/ retirement documentation.
- Prepare periodic activity reports for the attention of the Head, Head Office Accounting including information on outstanding payments to suppliers, approved invoices, etc.
- Review supplier invoices and supporting documents against the invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders prior to processing to ensure consistency and identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities for prompt resolution.
- Maintain ageing report of debt and outstanding payments to suppliers.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Head Office Accounting.
Also Apply for: Citibank Nigeria Recruitment (2 Positions)
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or a related discipline.
- Professional certification from a recognized body (e.g. ICAN, ACCA) will be an added advantage.
- 5 to 9 years related job experience.
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of IFRS, finance best practices and other applicable accounting standards.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for: Novarick Homes and Properties Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online