Apply for the ongoing Solidaridad West Africa Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. These Solidaridad West Africa jobs in Nigeria are open to all qualified candidates.
Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not-for-benefit association that upholds the practical improvement of creation frameworks in West Africa. We assume a synergist part by cooperating with private area organizations and different partners to cultivate the improvement of socially mindful, naturally sound and productive stockpile chains. Our exercises in West Africa are centered around cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, espresso and different wares. As one of the Regional Expertise Centers (REC) inside Solidaridad’s worldwide organization, we are essential for a developing worldwide association upholding and supporting manageable and dependable creation and exchange. SWA centers around animating maintainable stock chains through the presentation of advancements in great practices, hearty framework, feasible scenes the executives and empowering strategy. The Solidaridad local office is situated in Accra, Ghana and right now has projects and tasks in Sierra Leone, Côte D’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria. Join Solidaridad West Africa careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Solidaridad West Africa Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Line Manager: Finance Officer
- The Accounts Officer provides financial and accounting support to operations.
Major Responsibilities / Result Areas
- Monthly Management Accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts receivables and accounts payables
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Reviews the classification of all vouchers and receipts according to completeness and to cost centers/cost category/legal as sent by the projects and corrects them if required.
Programme and Project Finance:
- Assist with programme and project budget development: record project expenditure accurately
- Reconcile travel and expense advances monthly
- Financial Reports
- Prepare project financial reports
- Assist in preparing for audit and liaising with auditors
- Assist in preparation of budgets
- Financial administration
- Prepare payment requisitions from
- File and maintain all records of financial transactions and bank accounts in accordance with financial policies
- Maintain a sub- assets register of the office and for specific projects that are assigned.
- Ensure that banking arrangements are adequate to support the operational activities and that all bank transactions conform to agreed procedures and are appropriately documented.
- Maintain accounting records and financial controls in accordance with organizational policy and donor requirements.
- Support regional/country team in adherence to accounting systems and requirements.
Qualifications (Education / Knowledge / Technical Skills and Experience)
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- First Degree in Accounting or relevant subject.
- Preferred: Partly Professional accounting qualification from ICA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in similar role.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Problem solving orientation
- Understanding of accounting systems and standards
- Understanding the funding environment and donor requirements.
- Detailed and deadline driven
- Service orientation providing support to programme/project team members
- Ability to build consensus and work effectively within an international cross-departmental team.
Application Closing Date
29th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.