Dangote Group employment & recruitment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This Dangote Group job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Dangote Group is one of the Nigerians most diversified and fully integrated business multinationals with an annual group income in excess of US$4 billion (2016) with vibrant operations in Nigeria and Africa, dealing with various products including cement, sugar, salt, condiments, packaging, energy, port operations, fertilizer, and petrochemicals. Our core business focus is to provide local, value-added products and services that meet the ‘day-to-day needs’ of the populace through the construction and operation of large scale manufacturing facilities in Nigeria and across Africa. We are focused on boosting local production capacity to generate employment, reduce capital flight and increase local value addition. Join Dangote Group careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Dangote Group recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: Finance / Account
- Manage and maintain DCP’s fixed asset records / register and ensure proper accounting for fixed assets at the plant, in compliance with DCP’s fixed assets policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review CAPEX purchase requisitions and ensure accurate upload of all fixed assets in the fixed asset register.
- Calculate and record depreciation for all fixed assets in accordance with IFRS and DCP’s depreciation policies.
- Review, interpret and apply fixed assets policies to fixed asset transactions at the plant including purchase, valuation, revaluation, accruals and disposal.
- Reconcile the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger on a periodic basis.
- Ensure supporting plant fixed assets records and schedules are sufficient to meet audit/regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all fixed asset purchases with the various departments and collate updates on new additions on a monthly basis
- Ensure all new assets are properly labelled and set up in the fixed asset register and individual asset account.
- Periodically reconcile and coordinate physical stock taking of fixed assets to ensure proper location and existence of all fixed assets.
- Ensure accurate entries for all fixed assets acquisition, disposal/movements and depreciation.
- Manage the activities involved in the disposal of fully depreciated, obsolete or damaged assets.
- Participate in month-end financial closing procedures
- Prepare the year-end fixed asset/depreciation schedules for annual audit/review.
- Assist in the development of fixed asset management processes, policies & procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Work Experience
- B.Sc. or HND in Finance / Accounting
- Professional certification in Accounting (ACA, ACCA) is an added advantage
- 2 – 6 years relevant work experience in Accounting or Finance function.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, preferably SAP.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online