Start a new career with Lumen while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2023 is open to all qualified candidates.
Job Title: Account Manager
Salary: $41,513 – $92,250 a year
Location: Work From Home
Responsible for Regional Enterprise sales account development within an established geographic territory for a moderately complex set of products and services using an array of prospecting activities.
- A self-motivated, proactive enterprise sales professional with a strong track record of meeting or exceeding targets closing deals through new client acquisition
- Accountable for impeccable funnel and deal management capabilities, maintaining an appropriate 90-day funnel and managing to sequential improvements in close rates across the team
- Enthusiastic about a digital first environment, driving for high adoption of digital capabilities across customers
- Positive, upbeat, and professional
- Detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Visionary, curious, innovative, and inspirational
The Main Responsibilities
Providing accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities to meet or exceed sales quota requirements
- Responsible for developing Regional Enterprise sales in the designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities with prospective enterprise customers headquartered in the region by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments.
- Effective relationship-building internally through cross-functional collaboration and problem-solving with partners such as Customer Success, Product, Marketing, Solutions/Technology experts, Sales Support, Service Delivery, etc. for new account pursuit support and services, and strengthen new client sales deployment strategies
- Identifies, bids on, negotiates, and closes new sales opportunities to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas. Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new accounts.
- Providing input to sales management about trends and changes taking place within the customer’s organization and making recommendations about future courses of action necessary of the company towards improving its position with the customer.
- Leveraging vast external network to identify and recruit high performing talent to the team and builds internal relationships with other leaders to provide win-win career opportunities to Lumen employees
- Managing appropriate level of indirect and/or alliance partner relationships required to position customer solutions to acquisition prospects
- Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
What We Look For in a Candidate
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills as well as proficiency in selling to the close.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong business acumen and expert knowledge of Lumen’s products, services, and solutions
- Experience in hunting, prospecting, and new account development
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
What to Expect Next
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Salary Min :41513
Salary Max :92250
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.